Come stitch with us!
Whether you're an intermediate stitcher or just wanting to get started, the Embroiderers’ Guild of Victoria (EGV) invites you to join us at a monthly meeting. Share your skills and creativity within a friendly, structured group.
We're a group of people with an avid interest in all the needle arts. These include techniques such as crewel, canvas work, hand embroidery, machine embroidery, smocking, counted thread work, cross stitch, surface embroidery, quilting – literally anything done with a threaded needle.
We hold monthly meetings in the daytime and evening. They're held at St. Aidan's Church and include a short business meeting, a "show and share" time, and either a speaker or a program related to the needle arts. Learn more about our meetings and other benefits of membership.
Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
Expand on your area of interest with our Special Interest Groups:
- Sampler Saturday
- Rapt Threads
- Canvas SIG
- Lace SIG
Guild members are involved in:
- sponsoring prizes at the Saanich Fair
- producing embroidered pieces for a variety of charitable organizations
- conducting workshops for Brownies and Guides
- the “Wee Care” outreach project at the Victoria General Hospital
- mentoring young stitchers at monthly Youth Group meetings
- hosting members’ exhibitions